Weekly Reflection - 2


INTERNSHIP PHASE - 2


WEEKLY REFLECTION


WEEK - 1

06- 07-2022- 08-07-2022


As a part of the B Ed curriculum, the second phase of school internship program was conducted. The internship program was started on 06 July 2022. Twelve trainees from different optional subjects were assigned to take classes in Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary School, Thattamala. The first bell was at 9:15 a.m.The classes starts at 9:30 a.m. after the morning prayer. The working hours of the school is from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. There are  eight periods in a day. The headmistress of the school and the concern teachers gave an idea about the classes to all of us. I was assigned to take classes in 8 D and was given the time table of the same.

On the first day, we met the headmistress and handed over the attendance register. Then we went to observe the class taken by the concern teacher.

On the following days, I had substitution classes in 8C & 8D. I interacted with the students and make a friendly rapport with them.


WEEK - 2

11-07-2022 to 15-07-2022


The second week of the school internship was from 11-07-2022 to 15-07-2022. On Wednesday, there was a skit programme for the students on the topic 'Drug Abuse'. I started the lesson 'A Shipwrecked Sailor' from Unit 2 - Wings and Wheels. I completed the lesson and conducted the Diagnostic Test.  Use of flashcards, chart and powerpoint slides made the classes effective.


WEEK - 3

18-07-2022 to 22-07-2022


The third week of the School Internship was from 18-07-2022 to 22-07-2022. I taught the lesson 'From A Railway Carriage' and 'Marvellous Travel'. Use of flashcards, chart and powerpoint slides made the classes effective. On Thursday there was a programme related to the 'Moon Day'. Students from various classes presented speech, models, and posters.


WEEK - 4

25-07-2022 to 29-07-2022


The fourth week of the School Internship was from 25-07-2022 to 29-07-2022. On Monday, there was a program based on 'Vidyarangam' conducted by the Malayalam Club, which was inaugurated by a famous dancer Ms. Athira. There was a Quiz Competition conducted by the Social Science Club of the school. On Wednesday, there was a seminar based on the Tiger Day, July 29. The program was conducted by the Social Forestry Extension Unit, Kollam, Kerala Forest and Wildlife Department. On Friday, there was a skit program conducted by the English Club of the school and it was inaugurated by Smt. Anju Alfred.








In this week, I completed the lesson 'The Little Round Red House' and I conducted the Achievement Test. I started the lesson 'The Light on the Hills' from Unit 3 - Seeds and Deeds. Use of flashcards, chart and powerpoint slides made the classes more effective.


WEEK - 5

01-08-2022 to 05-08-2022


The fifth week of the School Internship was from 01-08-2022 to 05-08-2022. On Monday, there was a special assembly. Rotary Club of Kottiyam conducted an awareness program based on Amritham District Project 2022-23 and was inaugurated by the chief guest Mr. Philip, the President of Rotary Club, Kottiyam and the speech was delivered by Dr. Anil Kumar, the Secretary of Rotary Club, Kottiyam. They checks eye, teeth, ear and provides sufficient treatment.




This week, I continued the lesson 'The Light on the Hills' and started the next lesson 'Rosa Parks Sat Still'. Use of flashcards, chart and powerpoint slides made the classes more effective.


WEEK - 6

08-08-2022 to 13-08-2022


The sixth week of the School Internship was from 08-08-2022 to 13-08-2022. I completed the lesson 'Rosa Parks Sat Still' and started the lesson 'The Sower'. Use of flashcards, chart and powerpoint slides made the classes more effective. On Saturday, the school started the Independence Day programs. 





WEEK - 7

15-08-2022 to 19-08-2022

The seventh week of the School Internship was from 15-08-2022 to 19-08-2022. The week began with Independence Day Programs.


In this week, I taught the lesson 'The Sower' and I started the lesson 'The Village Blacksmith'. Use of flashcards, chart and powerpoint slides made the classes more effective. 


WEEK - 8

22-08-2022 to 25-08-2022


The eighth week of the School Internship was from 22-08-2022 to 25-08-2022. I completed the lesson 'The Village Blacksmith' and I started the revision for the whole unit on the remaining days. On 23-08-2022, Onam celebration was reminded by tying a swing. 


On 24-08-2022, Onam exam has started. After that, the school celebrated the onam celebration on 2nd September. Thereby ended our second phase of the School Internship Programme.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COGNITIVE MAP (Plus Two)

TEACHER IN A DIGITAL ERA:CHANGING ROLES AND COMPETENCE

CONTENT ANALYSIS: MERCHANT OF VENICE