INNOVATIVE WORK
INTRODUCTION
As a part of B.Ed curriculum, we the teacher trainees were expected to do an innovative work. So I prepared a model of the lesson 'Tolstoy Farm'. 'Tolstoy Farm' is an extract from Gandhiji's autobiography 'The Story of My Experiment With Truth'. Gandhiji describes his life with the inmates of the Tolstoy Farm in this lesson. I did this model to give an idea about the Tolstoy Farm for the students. This innovative work helps a teacher to teach the lesson easily and the innovative work have a major role in teaching English. In the teaching learning process the role of innovative work is one of the effective methods for teaching difficult lesson easily, and for easy revisions.
OBJECTIVES
- To develop the knowledge about Tolstoy Farm
- To develop pupils' interest in reading Tolstoy Farm
- To help pupils to visualise the lesson
PREPARATION
I used a cardboard to set the base structure of the model. I made a house using the cardboard and coloured it. I also made trees using cardboard. Then I used ice cream sticks for the fence. I made the model colourful using suitable colours.
EXECUTION
I placed the model on the table and asked the students of VIII D to identify the model. I asked a few students to share their ideas regarding the model.
ADVANTAGES OF INNOVATIVE WORK
The biggest challenge any teacher faces is capturing the students' attention and putting across ideas in such a way that it stays with them long after they have left the classroom. For this, classroom experience should be redefined and innovative ideas that make teaching learning methods more effective should be implemented. This method can improve the students' interest, empower knowledge and gives confidence to achieve the goal for the country.

Comments
Post a Comment